Brookletts Place’s Travel Log for 2024-2025 will be available soon!! Please contact Teresa at the Center with any questions or to sign up at 410-822-2869 ext. 222 or e-mail email@example.com. For a complete Calendar of Events visit us on our website: www.brooklettsplace.org
Tuesday, December 5 – (12pm – 1pm) Lunch w/DJ CHUCKIE LOVE. Come out and enjoy the sounds of DJ Chuckie. A two week advance sign-up for lunch is required or you may bring your own lunch.
Tuesday, December 7 – (12pm–1pm) Lunch and Holiday Sounds w/Carolyn. Carolyn Parsons Cutler has sung throughout the US as well as in Canada, Europe, Australia, and New Zealand. She has performed as featured soloist in many community events in the Orlando area, including as vocalist with the Maitland Stage Band and sold out solo concerts of Broadway & popular music with world class pianist, Rick Robinson. Currently she teaches voice and piano through Allegro Academy in Easton and directs the traditional choir at Christ Church Easton. Carolyn will be presenting a varied program of holiday music with a chance for you to participate. Come get into the spirit of the season! A two week advance sign-up for lunch is required or you may bring your own lunch.
Monday, December 11 – (12:15pm–1pm) Lunch & Learn w/Melanie. University of Maryland Shore Regional Health presents: Medication 101 with Melanie. Join Melanie Chapple, Pharm-D, transitions pharmacist at the Easton, Dorchester & Chestertown hospitals of Shore Regional Health as she gives tips on medication safety, medication organization and cost savings. A two-week advance sign-up is required for lunch.
Tuesday, December 12th through Thursday, December 16th – (10am–2pm) Holiday Craft Bazaar featuring Brookletts Place Artists/Crafters. There will be crafts, art, jewelry, etc. for those last minute gifts on your list or for yourself.
Tuesday, December 12 – (10am–11am) Join us for Crafting with Tonia “HOLIDAY CRAFT”. Limited to 10 participants. Advance sign-up is required.
Tuesday, December 12 – (12:15pm–1pm) Carpe Diem Arts presents CHRIS NOYES & THE THOMASES – ‘TIS THE SEASON! Made possible by the generous support of the Talbot County Arts Council with revenues provided by the Maryland State Arts Council, the Mid-Shore Community Foundation (MSCF), Dock Street Foundation, Artistic Insights Fund, Brookletts Place, and by individual contributions to Carpe Diem Arts Outreach Fund c/o MSCF. A two-week advance sign-up is required for lunch or you may bring your own.
Thursday, December 14 – (12pm–1pm) Lunch/Music with Gene Edwards Review digital keyboard and vocal music, featuring a full array of amazing hits. Advance sign-up for lunch required two weeks in advance or you may bring your own lunch.
Tuesday, December 16 – (10:30am–1:30pm) Christmas Luncheon at “Chesapeake Grove Intergenerational Center” DelMarVa Community Services, Cambridge. Advance sign-up is required by December 1st as space is limited. Bus scheduled to leave senior center by 10am.
Monday December 18 – (10am–11am) ADVANCE DIRECTIVES. Life can become overwhelming at times. It is always scary to think about getting sick. Advance Directives is one of the pivotal parts of the process. And in many cases our loved ones are uncomfortable discussing the matter. However, it is critical to discuss advance care planning. Some people believe that the topic should only be discussed when you are sick or older. Advance Directives provides the tool and structure to be able to stay focused on what is important for the individual and not to get lost at the important moment in someone’s life. It is important to know how comfortable you wanted to be treated and give you all the emotional needs that is best for you. Advance Directives are not only for the elderly. Unexpected end-of-life events can occur at any age, all adults should have these documents. Please RSVP by December 11, 2023 as space is limited.
Thursday, December 21 – (10am–1pm) Elder Law Clinic Attorneys will be present (by appointment only) to discuss legal issues pertaining to seniors to include: Elder Abuse, Adult Guardianship; homeowner and consumer related issues and much, much, more. Contact Shore Legal Assets (previously known as Mid-Shore Pro Bono) at 410-690-8128 for an appointment or additional information.
Tuesday, December 26 – (10am–11am) “Positive Music w/DJ Randy P”. Reduce your weekly stress by enjoying a fun, safe, and positive musical experience in a motivation environment.
SELF-PAY CLASSES: SPACE AVAILABLE IN ALL CLASSES.
- Advance Beginners Watercolor – Every Monday (11am–1pm) $50.00 per 4 week session. New students are welcome, contact Diana Evans, Instructor 443-239-0657
- Beginning Oil Painting – Every Wednesday (9am–12pm) $5.00 per hour. No charge for supplies for first three sessions. New students are welcome. Contact Jane Bollman, Instructor at 410-770-8611 or firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information or to register.
- Guitar and Ukulele Lessons with Emma Bailey of Mike Elzey Guitar. Every Thursday (2pm–3pm) $5.00 per session.
- TAI CHI W/NATHAN – Every Friday (11am–12pm) You will be introduced to the lifestyle wellness system of Taijiquan, which has promoted the health of millions around the world for a long time. People have experienced their balance improving, their respiratory and cardiovascular health improved, connection with new friends expanded, better sleep, and mental focus. Comfortable clothing and sneakers recommended. $8.00 per-person per class.
- Mondays – (9am–10am) and Thursdays (8:30am–9:30am) HEALTHY LIVING FOR OLDER ADULTS—SAIL (Stay Active & Independent for Life) Advance registration is required as space is limited.
- Yarn & Needle Group – Every Tuesday 12:30pm. If you knit, crochet, needlepoint, felt or weave, this is the Gathering for you. Practice your craft and bring your skills to others for a hour or two. No registration necessary, just drop in. Call 410-822-2869 for more information.
- Blood Pressure Screening – 1st Wednesday of each month at 10am.
- Video (Wii) Bowling – Every Wednesday 10:30am in the TV Room. Come Join the Team. New Members Are Welcome!
- Sho Go Mobile is bringing the market to Talbot Senior Center, Thursdays 10am to 11am. The bus will be stocked with fresh produce, soup, salad & sandwiches from Shore Gourmet! Make sure to take advantage of the convenience of our mobile market!
- Game Day – Every Thursday at 10am. Join in on the fun of a board game, card game, BINGO etc. Something different each week.
- Elder Law Clinic – Every 4th Thursday 10am–1pm. By appointment only. Contact Shore Legal Assets (previously known as Mid-Shore Pro Bono) at 410-690-8128
Poetry at Noon – Every 2nd Friday